1.New trailers are covered by a twenty four (24) month structural Warranty on the Trailer frame and subframe against faulty workmanship or welding defects and a twelve (12) Month warranty on Springs, Brakes, Axles, Couplings, Jockey wheels and Lights given by S.M.U. Trailers & Graphics, 10 Carmart Way, Pakenham Vic 3810, Australia.
2. The Warranty entitles the original purchaser from the date of purchase to FREE LABOUR AND REPLACEMENT OF PARTS subject to the conditions below. S.M.U. Trailers or one of its duly appointed authorised agents will, during normal business hours repair or replace any part which in the opinion of the manufacturer is defective due to faulty material or workmanship provided that the trailer has been operated in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions and safe towing practices: Second hand wheels and tyres are not covered under warranty. All repairs under warranty are to be performed at the S.M.U. Trailers Factory, 10 Carmart Way, Pakenham, VIC 3810. Warranty repairs carried out in other locations require prior authorisation. Unauthorised repairs are not covered under this warranty.
3. The purchaser will be responsible for paying all service call fees or transport charges, and damages and loss incurred in connection with the transportation of the trailer to and from S.M.U. Trailers or its accredited service agents’ premises.
4. Due to the extreme conditions trailers operate under, the surface treatment/paintwork will not be covered by this Warranty.
5. This Warranty does not apply to any trailer which has been:
a) subject to misuse, neglect, accident or alteration by any person
b) damaged or destroyed by fire, flood, Act of God or other inevitable accident
c) hired to any person or persons or is not the original owner
This Warranty is in addition to any rights or remedies the purchaser has under the Trades Practices Act or state laws.
6. Unless any addition or attachment to this product has S.M.U. Trailers specific approval or is sold as a S.M.U Trailer product, the Warranty on the trailer is waived. Trailers are designed to perform a specific task under established test loads and unauthorised attachments may produce stresses for which the design is not appropriate.
7. Design, specifications and colours are subject to change without notice.
During the manufacturing process S.M.U Trailers have included certain features which assist in prolonging the life of the trailer. Trailers are subjected to extreme conditions both behind the towing vehicle and our very corrosive environment, as a result of which, failure to adequately maintain a trailer will allow corrosion to progressively increase.
Servicing of the trailer MUST be carried out by a certified mechanic or Trailer Manufacturer every 6 months or 10,000km’s to maintain Warranty. Customers that do not bring their trailer back to S.M.U. Trailers for 6 month servicing will need to have their certified mechanic / trailer repair person email S.M.U. Trailers a copy of the service report and dated in order to maintain warranty.
S.M.U. Trailers & Graphics
10 Carmart Way, Pakenham VIC 3810 AUSTRALIA
03 8774 6476, email: firstname.lastname@example.org